The fourth quarter of financial year 2012-13 has come to an end .Therefore, it is the time for all corporate and government deductors to file their eTDS returns.The last date to file the returns for fourth quarter of F.Y. 2012-13 is 15th May 2013.If you miss the date then you have to pay heavy penalty and have to a fees for late filing also.
Section 234E - Levy of Fees
- Failure to submit e-TDS Statement on time will result in fees on the deductor.
- If you delay or forget to file your e-TDS Statement, fees of Rs. 200 per day will be levied on the deductor, as long as TDS Statement is not filed.
- The levied amount of fee is not supposed to exceed the TDS deductibles.
- Fees must be paid before filing of the E TDS statement and details is to be filled in E TDS statement
Section 271H - Penalty
- Deductor has to pay a penalty ranging from minimum of Rs. 10,000/- to 1,00,000/-Rupees,If tds statement is not filed after one year from due date.
- If deductor furnishes incorrect details like PAN, TDS Amount, Payment of Challan etc