1. What are the steps for online e-filing?
1. When the business or the registered users access the MyMCA portal, they enter their username and authentication details – Password/ Digital Certificate.
2. The user will be shown a list of eForms category-wise under eForms tab .
3. At any time, the users can read the related instruction kit, available under Help menu, to familiarize themselves with the procedures.
4. The users can then fill the appropriate eForm for the service required. There is an option of pre-fill facility in the eForms, where the static details such as name and address of the company will be pre-filled by the system automatically on entering the Corporate Identity Number (CIN).
5. The users attach the necessary documents to the eForm. 6. The users may avail the pre-scrutiny service of the eForm. The documents will be verified (pre-scrutinised) by the system. In case of any inadequacies, for example, if a mandatory column in the eForm is not filled in, the user will be asked to rectify before the document is ready for execution (signature).
7.The applicant or a representative of the applicant will then submit the duly signed documents electronically.
8. The system will calculate the fee, including late payment fees, if applicable.
9. Payments will have to be made through appropriate mechanisms – electronic (credit card,Internet banking) or traditional means (at the bank counter).
(a) Electronic payments can be made at the Virtual Front Office (VFO).
(b) If the user selects the traditional payment option, the system will generate a pre-filled challan in the prescribed format. Traditional payments through cash, cheques can be done at the designated network of banks using the system generated challan. There will be five banks with estimated 200 branches authorised for accepting challan payments.
10. The payment will be exclusively confirmed for all online (Internet) payment transactions using payment gateways.
11. Acceptance or rejection of any transaction will be explicitly communicated to the applicant (including facility to print a receipt for successful transactions).
12. MCA21 will provide a unique transaction number, which can be used by the applicant for enquiring status pertaining to that transaction.
13. Filing will be complete only when the necessary payments are made.
14. In case of a rejection, helpful remedial tips will be provided to the applicant.
15. The applicants will be provided an acknowledgement through e-mail or alternatively they can check the MCA portal.
2. How can I apply for a Company Name?
File e Form INC-1 by logging in the portal along with a payment of fees of Rs.1000/- and attaching the digital signature of the applicant proposing to incorporate the company.
3. Can I apply for a company name online?
Yes, You can avail this service at MCA portal.
4. What is the validity period of the Name approved?
The approved name is valid for a period of 60 days from the date of filing of Form INC-1..If,the proposed company is not incorporated within such period, the name shall be lapsed and will be available for other applicants. Please note that there shall not be any provision for renewal of the name
5. What is the minimum number of directors required to form a company?
Minimum no. of directors for One Person Company: One, Private Limited Company: Two, for Public Limited Company: Three and, for producer company: Five.
6.What is the minimum number of subscribers required for registration of a company?
Minimum no. of subscribers for One Person Company: One, Private Limited Company: Two, for Public Limited Company: Seven and for Producer company: Ten.
7. What is the minimum Paid-up Capital at the time of registration of a company?
The minimum paid up capital for Private Limited Company: Rs.1,00,000/- For Public Limited Company: Rs.5,00,000/-.
8. What should I do, if I fail to make payment of challan of Form INC-2 or INC-7 before expiry date?
In such a case, you need to file Form INC- 2/7 again but same can be filed only after 15 days from the Challan Date. On attempting to file Form INC-2/7 before the expiry of above said period, the system will give an error message “Form INC- 2/7 has already been filed corresponding to the form INC-1 Reference Number”.
9. What should I do, if I fail to make payment of challan of Form SH-7 before expiry date?
In such a case, you need to file Form SH-7 again but same can be filed only after 15 days from the Challan Date. On attempting to file Form SH-7 before the expiry of above said period, the system will give an error message “There is/ are pending Form(s) SH-7 in respect of the company. Please file this form SH-7 after approval of the pending Form(s) SH-7.”
10. What are the documents to be filed with RoC every year?
Invariably, the Balance Sheet and Annual Return have to be filed every year. Other documents such as, Return of Allotment (Form No. Pas-3), Change of Registered office (Form No. INC-22), Change among the Directors (Form No. DIR-12), Charges (Form No. CHG- 1, 9, 4)etc., have to be filed within the due date from the events taking place in the company as per the Companies Act, 2013.
11. How do I find Charge ID of Charge registered before MCA21 project?
You may find Charge ID by entering the CIN or foreign company registration number of the company in the “View Index of Charges” service available after logging in MyMCA portal. System displays all active charges with date of charge creation and amount secured.
12. How do I find the country code required for filling in the eForm?
The application uses ISO Country codes and these are available under “help” tab of home page of MyMCA portal
13. What is an e-form?
An e-form is the electronic equivalent of the paper form. The Ministry of Corporate Affairs has recently launched a major e-governance initiative MCA 21. In the new system, it is envisaged that all company related documents would be filed electronically. The new e-forms have been devised and notified by the Ministry for this purpose.
14. My SRN is marked as ‘Defective’. What should I do?
In case of STP forms, for example annual forms 20B, 23AC & 23ACA etc, if there is any defect or incompleteness, same is marked by the RoC as ‘Defective’. You are required to file such form afresh after rectifying the defects/ incompleteness with payment of fee and additional fee, as applicable.
15. Transaction status of my SRN is ‘Pending for approval under regulation 17(6)’. What does it mean?
It means that the eForm is pending for the want of requisite approval from Central Government, Regional Director, Company Law Board or any other competent authority.
16. I need assistance to file e-forms as I have no knowledge of operating a computer.
The process of e-Filing is very simple. No prior knowledge of computer is required to file the e-form. If you need assistance, you may visit your nearest MCA21 Facilitation Centre for e-Filing. The list of facilitation centres is given on the ‘Facilitation Centres’ link on the MCA portal. These Facilitation Centres have been opened by Infosys Limited on behalf of The Ministry of Corporate Affairs to provide assistance in e-Filing.
17. What is an Electronic or Digital Document? How is a physical document is converted into an electronic document?
An electronic document is the electronic equivalent of the physical/paper document. A physical document is converted into an electronic document through scanning. It can then be attached to an e-form. You can also convert the softcopy of a document to the PDF format for using it as an attachment to the e-form
18. What if I have paper attachments to file with the E-form?
You have to first get the paper attachments scanned and saved as a soft copy in PDF format.
19. How to ensure that the size of scanned PDF documents is not excessive?
To ensure that the size of scanned PDF document is within the permissible size limits, it is recommended that scanning should be done in ‘black & white’ mode at 200 dpi resolution.
20. I have scanned documents and want to upload/ submit the same.
You can upload / submit the scanned documents by attaching the same with the e-form and submitting on the MCA Portal.
21. Can I have a copy of the filed e-form for my office records ?
Yes, if you are carrying a pen drive. On your request, the Customer Services Executive (CSE) will save a copy of the filed e-form on your pen drive. If you are filing the e-form from you office / home, you can save the copy of the form on your computer for future reference.
22. How to sign an e-form?
An e-form can be signed by the authorized signatory/ representative using the Digital Signature Certificate (DSC). Click the red colour signature box in the e-form to affix the digital signature. To avoid increase in size of the e-form beyond permissible limit of 2.5 MB, always affix the DSC using the ‘Sign and Save As’ option.
23. How are payments made electronically? What if I do not have a credit card or access to Internet Banking?
Payments can be made electronically through credit card or Internet Banking. During the e-Filing process, the system will prompt you to make payment. You can choose the mode of payment and make the payment accordingly.
If you are not having a credit card or Internet banking facility, you can make payment at the counter of an authorized bank through the pre-filled challan generated by the system after e-Filing.
For the purpose of collection of payments numerous branches in all major cities and towns of the following five Banks have been authorized:
•State Bank of India
•Punjab National Bank
Details of the branches of the above banks offering this facility are given on ‘Authorised Banks’ link on the MCA portal.
24. Is it safe to make online payments?
Use of Credit cards and Internet Banking is widely prevalent. It is a completely secure process.
25. What about the privacy of data. Are the details/ information submitted through Internet freely accessible to all ?
The process of e-Filing is completely secure. Online Inspection of documents is allowed strictly in accordance with the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 on payment of a prescribed fee.
26. If, while browsing through the records of my own Company on the MCA portal, I find certain errors in the data, how do I intimate the same to MCA for correction?
To correct the master data of your company(s):Click on the “View Company Master Data” link under the ‘Other Services’ link on the homepage of the MCA portal. Take a print out of the master data and make the necessary corrections on the print out. Submit the same to the concerned RoC office along with valid proof for getting the corrections done
27. How do I use the view public documents facility on the MCA portal. Which documents are available for public viewing?
Payments can be made electronically through credit card or Internet Banking. During the e-filing process, the system will prompt you to make payment. You can choose the mode of payment and make the payment accordingly.
You can register yourself on the MCA portal and click on the ‘View Public Documents’ link to view the documents of the specific companies available for viewing to public pertaining to specific company(s). Once you select the company(s), you will be prompted to make the payment of prescribed fee per company. On receipt of the payment, the system will allow you to view the documents pertaining to the selected company from the ‘My Documents’ link after logging on to the portal. You will be able to view the documents for a period of three hours from the time you start viewing. Documents such as balance sheets, annual returns for the preceding two years and permanent documents like MoA and AoA are available in the digital form for the companies falling under ROC going live on the MCA portal.
28. How do I apply for certified copies of the documents? How will I receive the certified copies after I have applied for the same?
You can avail this service by using the Get Certified Copies service. Once you make the necessary payment, your request will be routed to the concerned ROC. You need to approach the concerned RoC office along with the stamp paper of the requisite amount for getting the certified copy of the documents.
29. The registered office of my company has been shifted from the jurisdiction of one ROC office to another. How do I file eForm inc-28 and eForm INC-22 with both the ROCs?
You are required to file both these forms at MCA portal only once. Old RoC office shall process the eForm and forward the same to the new RoC office for registration. Please note that approval of such eForm INC-22 shall not be allowed in case there is any other eForm(s) pending for payment of fee or is under processing in respect of the company. You shall be required to obtain the changed CIN and the Certificate for change of registered address from the ROC office, where the company is shifting (that is from the office of new RoC).
30. Is email ID mandatory for a company?
The email ID is required for the purpose of communication with the company/ applicant. It has been made as a mandatory field for the following eforms:
•eForm INC-1 (email of applicant)
•eForm INC-22 (email of Indian company)
•eForm FC-1 (email of Foreign company)
•eForm CHG-1 (email of charge holder)
•eForm CHG-9 (email of charge holder)
31. How do I obtain more than one signature in the eForm, which requires multiple signatures?
In eForm with more than signature; it is suggested that the Authorised signatory of the company should first sign the eForm and then send the digitally signed eForm to the next person whose signature is required to be appended in the eForm either through mail or in a compact or floppy disc. Once the signatures of all the signatories are obtained, the eForm can then be uploaded in the system for submission.
32. Whether filing of the eForm is required in triplicate?
You are required to submit only one copy of any eForm or any other document in case of electronic filing.
33. Can the form once submitted, be rectified by the company user?
Once filed, the eForm cannot be rectified. You may, however, re-submit the e-Form, if the concerned MCA office has marked the status of your SRN as ‘Required Re-submission’.
34. How do I provide necessary details, if the space given in the form is not sufficient?
You may enter the details in a separate sheet and make an optional attachment. You should mention the reference of the attachment in the relevant field in the eForm.
35. When I download an eForm, the system displays the message that ‘File is damaged, and it cannot be repaired’. What do I do ?
You need to verify that you have Adobe Reader 7.0.5 and above installed on your system. You should un-install the other versions of Adobe before installing Adobe Reader 7.0.5 and above.
36. Can I use Pvt., (P), Ltd., etc. in place of the words Private or Limited in the proposed name(s) of the company while filing eForm INC-1?
You should use the words Private and/ or Limited in full only.
37. The company I am incorporating is being promoted by a Foreign company. How do I give the details of the foreign company under ‘Whether promoted by an existing company’ in Form INC-7 as the foreign company does not have a CIN ?
In the field ‘Whether promoted by an existing company’, details are to be given only where the company is being promoted by an Indian company. In your case, you should select ‘No’ as the company is being promoted by a foreign company.
38. Can I view a demo on the e-Filing process ?
Yes, you can view the demo through the ‘Computer Based Training’ link available on the homepage of the MCA portal.
39. I clicked Prefill button and got a message saying Acrobat is attempting to connect to site: http://www.mca.gov.in/DCAPortalWeb/services/PrefillService I clicked “Block”. Now I am unable to prefill.
You need to click the “Allow” button in order to prefill data when you get the above message.
In case you clicked “Block”, please use the follwing steps in order to remove www.mca.gov.in from the list of blocked sites:
1. Open Adobe Reader.
2. On the Menu go to
Edit -> Preferences -> Trust Manager -> Change Site Settings
3. Check if www.mca.gov.in is in the list of sites having status “Always Block”
If yes, select the site www.mca.gov.in from the list and click the “Remove” Button.
Please click “Allow” button in future.
40. I am unable to Pre-fill data on the eForm, what should I do?
Perform the following checks.
1. Verify that only ONE version of Adobe Reader is installed on your system.
◦Go to START > Control Panel > Add or remove Programs
◦The list of ‘Currently installed programs’ shall be displayed.
◦Check the version of Adobe Reader. We recommend the Version 7.0.5 and above (You can download the same by accessing the ‘Download Prerequisite Software for e-Filing’ link in the MCA portal)
◦Only the recommended version of Adobe Reader should be installed. In case there is any other version, REMOVE it.
2. Ensure that you are connected to the Internet. Enter the required data for prefill and click on the ‘PREFILL’ button.
3. You will get a Security Message with an option to ‘BLOCK’ or ‘ALLOW’. Select the ‘ALLOW’ button, the required details shall be prefilled.
4. In case the prefill doesn’t happen and you don’t get the Security Message, verify the following.
◦Open the Adobe Reader. Go to Edit > Preferences. In the Categories go to ‘Trust Manager’.
◦Click on the button ‘Reset List of allowed/disallowed file attachment types’
◦Click on the button ‘Change Site settings’. A window will open.
◦’Site and Status’ shall be displayed. In case ‘www.mca.gov.in’ is in the list with status as ‘Always deny’. Select the site and REMOVE it.
5. Still if the Prefill does not work, check whether you are able to open the MCA portal in the web browser. In case it does not open, contact your internet service provider or the local IT support person.
41. I want to upload the forms for incorporation. Can I upload these forms separately?
Yes, the incorporation forms can be filed separately based on the selections made by applicant in form No. INC-2/7.
42. Why is the system not allowing me to file any form .Am getting following message “The Company is a defaulting company as it has not filed the due balance sheet and/or annual returns for the financial Year < FY1, FY 2, ….. FY n >. Hence the company is not allowed to file this form. The company is required to file all the due balance sheets, annual returns first; and only then the company shall be allowed to file the eForm”. What should I do ?
If the company has not filed its due balance sheet or annual returns for any financial year i.e. 2006-07 onwards then such company shall be treated as a defaulting company. Such company will not be allowed to file any eForm (except for the list of eForms allowed) unless all the due balance sheets and annual returns are filed.
43. How can the defaulting status of the company be removed?
The company will have to file all the due annual returns and balance sheets for the financial years for which it has been marked as defaulting. Once the same are filed, the defaulting status of the company will be removed and the company will be able to file normally.
44. Whether the defaulting status of a company is available on the MCA21 portal?
Yes, the year wise defaulting status shall be displayed while viewing the master data of a company on MCA21 portal.
45. I am not able to sign any eForm. Am getting following message “The director signing the eForm is also director of a defaulting company which has not filed the due balance sheet and/or annual returns. Hence the director is not allowed to file this form. For more details, please refer Defaulter List published on MCA portal home page. Such defaulting company is required to file all the due balance sheets, annual returns first and only then the director shall be allowed to sign the eForm for filing.” What should I do?
Signing of any eForm on MCA portal (for any company) by the signatories of the defaulting company is not allowed (except for the list of eForms allowed).
However the signing for the exception list shall be allowed only in respect of the defaulting company and not in respect of any other company.
Refer to List of defaulting companies available on home page of MCA21 portal.
46. What are the eForms that are allowed to be filed by a Defaulting company?
The eForms that are allowed to be filed by a defaulting company are as follows:
•Form 20B, Form 21A, Form 23AC, Form 23ACA, Form 23AC- XBRL, Form 23ACA- XBRL- Filing of documents for the year for which it is marked as defaulting and earlier years shall be allowed
•Investor complaint form
•Forms related to Cost Audit Branch (Form 23C, Form 23D, Form I- Cost Audit report,)
•Form GNL-1 for option ‘Compounding of offences’
•Form CHG-1 and form CHG-9
47. My form INC-1 is approved. Still system is not permitting me to file incorporation form i.e Form INC-2/7. Why?
To ensure correctness of names approved through electronic mode (i.e. without any processing at the Registrar of Companies office (RoC)), the RoC user needs to verify such names on a real time basis for immediate action.
Therefore, filing of Incorporation documents in respect of such names is not allowed as per below timelines:
•If name is approved on or before 11.00 AM of any working day then incorporation documents are not allowed to be filed before 7.00 PM of the same working day.
•If name is approved after 11.00 AM of any working day or at any time on holiday/ non-working day then incorporation documents are not allowed to be filed before 7.00 PM of the next working day.
48. I am not able to sign any eForm. Am getting following message “The director signing the eForm is also director of a dormant company which has not filed the due balance sheet and/or annual returns. Hence the director is not allowed to file this form. For more details, please refer Dormant List published on MCA portal home page. Such director shall be allowed to sign this form only after the dormant company has filed Form GNL-1 for normalizing and the status of such dormant company is changed to Active, after all the required balance sheets and annual returns have been filed and approved in respect of such company.” What should I do?
Signing of any eForm on MCA portal (for any company) by the signatories of the dormant company is not allowed.
Signing of forms will be allowed by such director/ signatory only after the following:
•Filing of Form GNL-1 by the dormant company for normalising
•All the required balance sheets and annual returns have been filed and approved in respect of such company
•Status of such dormant company is changed to Active
Refer List of dormant companies available on home page of MCA21 portal.
tax 'N' accounts people
Tarun Kumar Gupta
Life style Post